To integrate with Lever, we utilize an OAuth 2.0 application to be able to sync the data across the two platforms.
Necessary Lever role
To be able to authorize any app to pull data from your Lever instance, you'll need to be a Super Admin. If you aren't one, you'll need to ask someone who is to go through these steps. If you aren't sure what your role in Lever is, you can check by hovering over your image in the top right corner of Lever.
Connecting your Lever instance
Once you've confirmed that you have the necessary permissions, connecting your Lever account to your InterviewPlanner account is very straightforward. You just need to go to your InterviewPlanner Integrations page and click on the Edit button for the ATS section.
Then, select Lever as your ATS Type and click on the Connect Your Account button.
This will take you to the page that lists what permissions that InterviewPlanner will use and allow you to authorize the connection. You might have to log into Lever if you aren't logged in already.
Once you click the Accept button, you should be redirected back to your Integrations page in InterviewPlanner.
And that's it! We'll now start syncing your postings and candidates in the background, so you can start setting up jobs for scheduling!
Here's a breakdown of the permissions that we require and what we use them for:
- View all archived reasons - We use this to find out if the reason a candidate was archived is that they were hired or rejected.
- View all feedback templates - We use this to allow you to attach feedback forms to interviews that you schedule.
- View and manage all candidates' interviews - We use this to report any interviews we schedule back to Lever so they can be displayed there.
- View and manage all candidates' notes - We use this to make notes on the candidate when actions are taken in InterviewPlanner.
- View all opportunities - We use this to sync candidates from Lever and keep the data in InterviewPlanner up-to-date.
- View and manage all candidates' panels - We use this to report panels (which is a collection of interviews) back to Lever so they can be displayed there.
- View all postings - We use this to sync jobs from Lever and keep the data in InterviewPlanner up-to-date.
- View all stages - We use this to sync stages from Lever and keep the data in InterviewPlanner up-to-date.
- View all users - We use this to sync users from Greenhouse and keep the data in InterviewPlanner up-to-date.
- Allow offline access - We use this to be able to sync data from Lever continuously in the background.
When you first connect your Lever account, we immediately start importing your candidates and postings into InterviewPlanner. Nothing will appear to be different in Lever just yet, but once you start scheduling candidates, we'll report back to Lever the interview details.
Clicking on the View in External App button on the upcoming interview will open up that schedule in InterviewPlanner so you can reschedule or cancel it.
We also make a note on the candidate that they were scheduled through InterviewPlanner.
Please sign in to leave a comment.